Where London and Bath, England
London Textile Tour Dates September 17 - 28, 2021
The Sewing Workshop is headed to England! Join Linda Lee and a London team of experts in a unique touring, class and shopping experience.
9/17-9/20/21: We start the tour with a trip to the beautiful city of Bath where we will stay at the luxurious 15 Great Pulteney hotel, located in the heart of the city center.
Trip to Bath includes:
• Visit to Fashion museum with talk by head curator Rosemary Harden.
• Full-day workshop with artist Carole Waller where you will learn to screen print and paint on silk or cotton
• Open air rooftop spa session at Roman Baths
• Visit to No. 1 Royal Crescent museum
9/20-9/28/21: After traveling to London from Bath we will be based in Richmond-upon-Thames in the beautiful Petersham Hotel, a charming boutique hotel located near Richmond Park just outside of central London. From there, we will explore the best of fashion and textiles in what some consider the fashion capital of the world.
London Touring experiences include:
• A guided tour of Clothworkers’ Centre with Susan North, curator of fashion from the 1500-1890’s and royal costumes.
• Visit the Alexander McQueen exhibition space featuring his fashion inspirations from pencil to cloth.
• Fabric shopping at Linda’s favorite abric stores with special discounts.
• All-day workshop with a London-based textile artist Sarah Campbell.
• Visit Kensington Palace.
• Learn about hat making with a milliner who has worked with Queen Elizabeth and other members of the Royal family.
• A guided tour of Spitalfields, origin of silk making.
• An afternoon visit to Sands Films for a studio tour to see the costumes designed for films such as Pride and Prejudice, Downton Abbey, Harry Potter and more.
• Visit the Fashion and Textile Museum with an exclusive tour of the studio of fashion designer, Zandra Rhodes.
• Plus, a free day to explore the Victoria & Albert Museum (the exhibit “Kyoto to Catwalk” will be there at that time), Kew Gardens, Ham House, Harrods and other famous shopping venues.
The tour is accompanied by Lizzie Hulme and Claire Bungey. Lizzie is a resident of London and the owner of Chateau Dumas in Auty, France, where she hosts creative retreats by well-known artists and craftsmen including The Sewing Workshop.
Included in the Bath tour are 2 nights hotel accommodation at 15 Great Pulteney, 1 night accommodation at The Petersham, workshop with Carole Waller and lunch, entrance to Fashion Museum/American Museum and No 1 Royal Crescent, 1 dinner, and transport from/to The Petersham.
Included in the London tour are hotel accommodations for 8 nights at The Petersham, 8 breakfasts, 3 dinners, one workshop with all materials included, visits to Clothworker’s Centre, Fashion and Textile Museum, Sands Films, Alexander McQueen, Zandra Rhodes, walking tour of Spitalfields, tour pack, underground tickets, taxis to station, and accompaniment.
Price + Accommodations:
$7490.00 double occupancy
$8390.00 single occupancy
Not included in the prices:
• Flights to London and airport transportation
• Additional entries/tickets not included on detailed itinerary
• All meals, except breakfast each day and those listed above
• Porterage, personal expenditures, hotel extras, spa treatments
• Travel and health insurance
A non-refundable deposit of $2000.00 will hold your space for the tour. PayPal or check only.
For Workshop and Event Policies click here. Please read carefully.